Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Probably the only time you'll see me discussing politics

Should we pay taxes? No. that is not the question. A better question would be, "Is it wrong not to pay taxes?" My friend, Daniel, responded to my last blog saying that Kent Hovind is innocent for not paying taxes to the government. First, read the pensacola news article and then read what Daniel commented on my last blog:

Kent Hovind is completely innocent of any sin or wrong doing in regards to paying taxes- First of all- It is in complete defiance of the US constitution that the Government actually collects taxes- it is illegal, and it is wrong of the Government to steal money from its citizens. So, although you will eventually lose your freedom for not paying taxes, It is no more wrong than trying to hide valuables in your house from thieves that might break in and steal it. So it is not Kent who has broken the law here it is our very government that has broken the laws set for it in the original bill of rights which states- "

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.


This means that the Government has no rights other than what has been given it in the constitution- all other powers belong to individual states or individual people. And taxation is not a power given to the Federal Government! So I support anyone who does not pay their taxes just as much as I would support someone hiding valuables from a thief although the ramifications are horrible when the thief is the most powerful organization in the world.

I don't know guys. I am no politician, but I am leaning more towards Kent Hovind being guilty. But before I come to any kind of conclusion, i'd really like to know what more people thought. So please leave me your opinions!

No comments: