Monday, July 05, 2010

Just a few updates

The first update i'd like to mention is a change in direction.  For the past several years, i've been focusing a lot of my attention on internet JW apologists.  In particular, this was done on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL as well as my blog.  I wasn't intending on explaining everything here, so I figured I would just point you to a VIDEO I made.  This will explain how and why i'm "moving on" from the internet JW's and focusing my attention on other things.  

Secondly, i've been invited to begin posting videos for CONTEXT MINISTRIES.  I really like Brock's approach to issues and i'm very excited to be working with him.  I've already posted two videos; HERE and HERE.  Though I will be posting all of my videos on my blog, i'd recommend subscribing to the Context Ministries YouTube channel so that you can watch Brock's videos as well.  Brock is an ex-JW who truly understands JW psychology and how to approach the Witnesses, something that I can only learn about, never having been a JW myself.  

Third, i've started another YouTube channel called, like this blog, THE APOLOGETIC FRONT.  This channel will be dedicated primarily to the issue of unbelief, whether it be related to atheism, liberal theology, postmodernism, or apologetics in general.  Though i've always been researching these issues, I haven't really done a whole lot of making videos or blogging on these issues.  Why?  Quite honestly, its because I just don't want to deal with internet atheists.  They tend to be rude, nasty, and insulting.  And quite frankly, I can't blame them, since their morality is reduced to the firing of neurons in the glob of squishy tissue that we call the brain.  However, the fact of the matter is, JW's and Mormons aren't the people i'm encountering in my day-to-day life.  The people I encounter are unbelievers, who's only exposure to Christianity might be what liberal theologians have said on the History channel.  And I want to do everything I can to equip the saints to deal with these arguments so that the gospel may be proclaimed.  Also, it is my desire to provide answers to those who are truly seeking or in stages of doubt.  But I have zero desire to get into long-winded discussions with atheists in the comment sections or whatever.  

Fourth, i've provided some new means of contact.  I have a new email address: Mike@theapologeticfront.com.  In addition, i've discovered something that is pretty stinkin' cool: google voice.  Now, if you want to talk to me, you can actually call me: 678-208-9153.  Or, if you just want to leave a message in the form of a comment, you can do that too.  And if i'm not mistaken, you can call this number from your computer anonymously.  If you go to the left sidebar of the blog, you can click on the google voice widget and it will allow you to do this.  Also, if you have Skype, my user name is Theapologeticfront.  I want to make myself as available as I can to anyone and everyone who would like to talk about things as they relate to Christianity, apologetics, etc.  

And last I have a new Twitter, which you can go to HERE.  Its also on the left sidebar as a widget if you'd like to view it there.  Other than that, I think that's it!  

No comments: